replacement of stingray neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steviecsg, Nov 6, 2003.

1. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    has anyone replaced their musicman stingray necks? if so, who makes the best replacement and for how much?
  2. flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    if you've damaged your neck, you should be able to send it back and order a replacement. Otherwise, why would you replace the neck? Warmoth used to make something like that but it's no longer available. I've seen a replacement neck on Ebay once...but it was for five string and it was a graphite neck.
  3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    From my understanding, the only "real" Stingray neck replacement you can get outside of Ernie Ball is through (EDIT) MOSES (not Warmoth - I knew that didn't sound right originally) and, at that, you can only get a graphite neck.

If you want an actual replacement from Ernie Ball, you have to send them your current neck (I think. I may have read somewhere that you actually have to send your bass to them :rolleyes: ).

Basically, from what I understand, getting a replacement MM neck is only slightly more possible than getting a Warwick replacement.
  4. Hey stevie!
    Look for a Status! It cost twice as much as a Moses, but you get what you pay for.;)
  5. flywheel

Jul 9, 2003
    Shawnee, KS
    yeah...Moses... that was the one is saw on Ebay.
  6. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    i already have a status at the mo. and have gone thru a couple of statuses in the past.

thing is, theres this stingray going dirt cheap at around USD350 but unplayable due to mega warped neck.

so im wondering if its a good choice to get it and change the neck. but then again, I'm not sure if the EB warranty is only available to first-hand owners that are registered.

anyone have any experience?
  7. I believe the policy for the neck exchange would be to the owner who could send the broken or warped neck to the plant with proof of it's warpness(is that a word)?? (treebonics).........hey if it's vintage I'm sure the warranty is expired but they may be willing to sell you a neck if you provide the old one and some cash.

Email them and ask, it can't hurt to ask!