Replacement Part & Touchup Paint

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassplayerEADG, Apr 22, 2005.

1. bassplayerEADG

Jan 29, 2005
    I recently bought my first Essex. Incredible for the money. I bought the SX SJB-62MG (it's blue). Any idea where I can get touchup paint for it and a replacement screw for one of the bridge saddles?
  2. Is that the metallic blue like the Steve Harris Signature Fender? I've got one of those in the shop now for a total Hot Rod job and I just wanted to know the color for reference.

Here's what give for advice on touchup paint. Go down to the discount beauty supply - whichever one has the biggest bin of bargain nail polish. Oh, you don't which one that is? :( :rolleyes: :D just ask your wife or girlfriend. Then pick up the best match of polish. Nail polish is mostly nitrocellulose lacquer. That's not what your bass is painted with but it will do for a spot touchup. Keep the bottle handy and it's got it's own brush and it will keep the chips from showing or gettin larger. Now you know why I like my basses natural or black. Finding the right touchup paint is a lot easier for mine! ;)