replacement parts and mods for essex bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jiro, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    Where can i get replacement pickgaurds cause the bass is red and has a white pickgaurd which i think isnt the best combination... I want to replace the pickgaurd with a black coloured one. I got an SPJ62
    As you can see, there is 3 knobs so i think its going to be hard to find a pickgaurd... If i must mod one what kind is the best? Fender?

Also if the Essex is plain or factory stock what are the key things to make an essex bass sound pro? for cheap.
    2)new strings
    3)new bridge the badass one
    4)new Pots
    5)possibly a warmoth neck for possibly better sustain.

As a side note..or question... Where can i order Vox basses?
  2. SamHD

Nov 22, 2004
    I'm interested in a Black pickguard too. Anybody have any ideas on where to find one that will work?

Do the Fender ones fit without modification?
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member has almost everything you are looking for. I got a KILLER bridge from them from $16. Very heavy duty, much beefier than the stock SX one. I also got some KILLER Alinico V pickups (made by Mighty Mite) from a reseller on Ebay for $39 and he regularly sells these out there. Two cheap but effective upgrades.

Oct 23, 2002
    Gales Creek,Or
    definately replace the pots with CTS pots.The pick ups in my SX basses are ok. Next I would replace the bridge with a heavier one. Simply remove -lubricate and reinstall the tuners-and they will wrok fine.

Try for a pickguard-please tell Tony that Bernie sent you.