1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement pick-ups for a Fender Deluxe Jazz V

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wdinc01, Feb 26, 2008.

1. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I realize that there may be a few threads asking this similar question, however I've got specifics!

Anyway, I'm looking for a new bass and I'm REALLY considering getting a Fender Deluxe Jazz V. I've tried one out at a store the other day, and I liked it for the most part. However, I'm not into the sound of the bridge pick up. I think it's too thin sounding. I found this to be even worse on the Reggie Hamilton (in my opinion).

So what would you suggest I replace the pick ups with, should I decide to get one of these? I know I could use the onboard EQ, but I figure if I don't like the sound set flat, then I should look elsewhere. Basically, I want a fatter sound. I want it to actually sound like there's depth to it, and not just really nasally and thin.

I think I should also mention that I'm into tapping, so a good tapping tone (I like bright but, again, still with depth), and I'm also considering putting an active/passive switch or a push/pull for the volume put to go into passive mode. I think I should also mention that I'm thinking about string it E-C, but I guess a good low B response is important.

All suggestions appreciated. Thanks for any help!

2. save yourself a little...look into the Made in Korea Fender 24 V Jazz...

it comes stock with some sweet sounding bassline pickups...the preamp is a little weak in volume, but the sound is really something special, IMO...