Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement Pickgaurd for a Bass of Different Manufacturer

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aristotle, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Should a replacement pickgaurd for a Stingray be able to fit any 4 string bass guitar, standard 34" scale, with a normal MM style pickup? Are the sizes of bodies different or should it be able to work. Also, is the position of the pickup generally different in comparison with the bridge and neck? I'm just wondering because I have a bass with one jazz pickup in the neck position and a MM style pickup in the bridge position. I know it makes it much more versatile, but for my needs, I only use the MM pickup and since I wanted to make it much more simple to operate, I took out the jazz pickup, its volume knob and the blend knob. It's all working fine, but I just wanted a pickguard to snaz it up a little bit, and cover the missing pickup.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Usually, not. Also, it would help if we knew what kind of bass is was. You might have to make a tracing & send it to a company like Chandler or WD & they can make a custom p/g for you.

I would of left the pick-up & pot in the bass, but that's just me. :)

3. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    It's a Fernandes Tremor 4 Standard.

4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    They probably won't because the pickup is placed in a different position in relation to the neck. Custom it is!

I'm with Nino...I would have left the unused pup and pot in the bass, what would it have hurt to just leave it?