1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

replacement pickguards for fender 5's

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowfrez, Nov 4, 2001.

1. My friend is looking for a replacement for his stock american series fender 5. The stock pickguard is a dull white one that doesn't look very good with the natural finish. Does anyone know where he could purchase a black shell pickguard? There are many of these avaible, but ar only made for four string models. Thanks

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Is your friend interested in a white tortise shell pickguard? I have one and am going back to the original white because I want to keep my Jazz V completely original. Original cost of mine was something like $60. I got it custom made from someone online. I don't play hard so it's like new.

[​IMG]

4. I buy from this place:
    http://members.home.net/pickguards/
    They have templates for a lot of instruments, or you can send in your pickguard for a tracing and they'll duplicate it exactly. They do a good job and they're quick. The web site is really hard to navigate, but a phone call should take care of things rather quickly.