Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement Pickguards

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by H3rEye51nRoam, Oct 7, 2004.

1. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Hello all, I recently purchased a bass at a garage sale. You can find information on it here, http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145741. But anyways, the lower piece of the pickguard broke since it cracked at the input jack. So I am looking for a place to get a replacement pickguard. If I could buy the exact same one, that would be great. If not, where could I get one made? Would www.pickguards.com be a good place to have make one? Are they reputable? Thank you very much, I appreciate the help and cooperation.

2. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    yes

3. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    I assume that's a yes to www.pickguards.com being a good place to get one made? thanks I appreciate the help. Later.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I've heard good things about them (pickguards.com)

Being a bit of a tight-wad myself, I've always made my own. Material can be purchased from Stew-Mac or Warmoth, etc.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Off to Setup--->

6. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003
    Sorry about the wrong forum, thanks for the move. Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. I think I will have a replica made by pickguards.com