Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

replacement pickup for ATK 305 ?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by AllodoX, Jun 18, 2002.

1. I was wondering..

the Ibanez ATK has a 3-coil pickup, which is about the size of a 5-string MM pickup.. but te shape is slightly different..

are there special High-grade ATK replacement pickups ? Bartollini ? EMG ? Seymour Duncan ??
    Others ??

I can get one custom made ofcourse ( i know some dude who makes pickups ), but i was wondering if there are off-the-shelf replacements..

2. YESSSSS !!! found it !!

[​IMG]

there's a company in Germany, called Bassculture.. they make ATK replacement pickups with either wooden or plastic housing :D

now to find out how much they cost.. :)

3. aha !

they're wooden with neodym magnets

4 string ATK = $ 125
    5 string ATK = $ 140

nice :D

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Talk about your one-sided conversations... ;) :D

5. yeah...always nice to see people are interested in non-fender topics :)

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  7. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I thought that you felt your ATK sounded real good!!!! Now only 2-3weeks on your looking for replacement pickups - and talking to yoursef online;)

8. Oh it sounds just fine, but i was currious :)

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I was in a store in Chicago yesterday called Music go Round on north millwaukee 773-342-2460 and they have a like new 4 string Ibanez ATK brown with maple fingerboard listed for under $260.00 Im sure with a little small talk they would have no problem with lowering the price.Hey Im just looking out for my fellow TBers.good luck

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    So are there any other pickups out there with neodymium magnets? I've been wondering about that for a while. Seems like they'd have to be itty bitty magnets or else they'd be too powerful. So I guess I'm not sure what the advantage would be. . . :)

11. maybe it just me but ive NEVER been able top get music go round to move on price. they mark thing just low enough to make you consider used instead of new. great place overall though. ive bought used pick ups and misc. parts at good prices. -peace

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Well for me I rarely deal with music stores.but I never have a problem if Im interested in an item I simple ask them what is the best price they would let the product go for and they rarely turn me down.now 9 times out of 10 the store will lower the price.music go round needs the money and the one on N Millwaukee has a descent rep for cutting a deal.hey you have nothing to lose.

13. I looked into winding my own Nd-magnet pickups a while back, but I ran into this problem. I don't know enough about magnetic physics to say whether they might have a different frequency response from ceramics, so I walked away from that.

The success of Tech's Nd-magnet speakers seems to indicate at least some differences, but pickups are a different beast from speakers.

14. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    Allodox

can you post the link for that German builder? in the future i plan to buy a used ATK old model 4 strings and change the pickup and electronic, si i could be really interested in those pickups

thanks
    man

;)