1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement Pickup For SUB Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mkfanforever58, Dec 29, 2016.

1. mkfanforever58

mkfanforever58

Oct 3, 2014
    I've thought for a while whether I should replace the pickup in my Sterling SUB bass or save up for a Ray 34. Would it be of much help to replace the pickup to give it a better sound, and would a regular Stingray replacement pickup fit in the SUB? I would like to know your opinions.

2. BassLife77

BassLife77

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego
    depends on how much you want to spend. since you already have a decent pickup I would try a Nordstrand or Aguilar. The Mojotone pickup is pretty good too "Music ManĀ® Clone" Bass Pickup

3. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike

Dec 28, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    My vote would go for one of the Lace MM sized pickups. If you want a hotter version of the original, the Man 'O War is freaking awesome. Dead silent too.

4. rogerbmiller

rogerbmiller Gold Supporting Member

Sep 16, 2003
    NYC
    The SD basslines MM pickups are very nice. You can get ceramic or alnico. Not too expensive either.

5. ThatLeftyguy

ThatLeftyguy

Dec 9, 2016
    Depending on what you play and what tone your shooting for, the vintage nordstrand MM4.2 alnico pickup really slams!!!

6. mkfanforever58

mkfanforever58

Oct 3, 2014
    Thanks everybody!