1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

replacement pickups - Cort GB75

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kurcatovium, Apr 30, 2010.

1. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Well, there's always the option of sending the pickups to someone like Nordstrand or Kent Armstrong, etc and having them made. More affordable than you may think.

2. stflbn: Thanks! I didn't even think about this. But unfortunately I think this might be pretty difficult to arrange since I'm not from US...

3. mikecd1

mikecd1 Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2009
    New England
    According to my measurements, the mm pickup is "Lakland" sized with ears and the Nordstrand would be a good fit. The duncan sj5 pickup should fit the neck. I think the measurement is 67mm pup. If you're going to all that trouble, you might want to change out the electronics and put in either an aguilar or audere. My advice is try playing in passive mode first. These are alnico pups and when I bypass the preamp I get a really nice passive sound with the two pickups together with center blend. If you like that sound you might want to explore just replacing the electronics or use the bass like I usually do with the volume control pulled up for passive. I also like the preamp with the mid control engaged, treble at 1/4, bass flat, and volume about 1/3. Nice fat sound. Good luck and let us know if you upgrade.