1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

replacement pickups for a Cort GB35...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nuno1959, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hi guys

based on my surprisingly & most positive experience with my Cort Action4A bass, i recently bought a Cort Gb35 from Session.de as a means to try out playing a 5er without breaking the bank while getting a good quality built instrument

a few days later it arrived & sure enough it IS a VERY well built bass : sounds & resonates nicely unplugged w/ lots of sustain, REALLY NICE neck & fret job, perfect string spacing for my big paws, very balanced ( no neck dive..) really makes you wonder how they manage to do it for the 260€ it cost me - shipping from Germany to Portugal INCLUDED !?

the only fly in the ointment ( which i already knew about.. ) is that the pickups are some generic ''interpretation'' of a MusicMan at the bridge & a Jazz Bass at the neck & either them or it's active preamp sound....what's the word ? ''midrangey'' ? nasal ?...not so nice - yes i can get a ''decent-ish'' tone out of them but each requires lots of tweaks in my amp but still, nothing to write home about - on the contrary !!

they look like this :

http://24music.eu/images/shop/cort-gb35a-3ts.jpg

so i was wondering if anyone around here has the same bass or some experience with it & has swapped it's pickups or preamp & what did they use/would recommend

any suggestions will be very appreciated, thanks to you all

2. bumpty bump ?