Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement pickups for Essex P

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Figjam, Oct 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I am buying an Essex P bass. I dont think il replace the pickups anytime soon, but if i do eventually ie: i get money somehow, what pickups sound good in an Essex P?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thanks for the help guys :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

3. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    Hey, I'm in the same boat. I've been watching this thread looking for the same answer.

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    OK guys, here ya' go. I've already talked to Mr. Figjam, but for the benefit of Glenn D., I would highly recommend the new Nordstrand P pickups that will soon be ready for mass consumption. A standard vintage-voiced P (similar to a NJ4) is do-able at the moment, but another model or two should be available relatively soon....it just depends on what type of tone you're looking for.

5. Figjam, my man, I tried to be subtle the last time. There is a search function at the bottom of each forum. It's best to look for answers there first as what's new to you may have been answered many times before. Try "Precision" and there are a few threads regarding Precision pickups.

Expecting instant replies is a bit unrealistic, be patient. Since this has been tackled many times before, I would assume that some TB'ers aren't even going to bother reading this one again. (SEARCH!) Also, most of us work and/or gig so we're not posting on Talkbass all the time, let alone in the slower moving forums such as Pickups.

PS. Careful how you use the smileys. It came across as being a little snotty. I don't mind but others may take offence (and let you have it!).

6. From your reply, it seems like only you took offense.

:rolleyes: :D
    How's that for snotty?

7. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Some TBer replaced the original SX pickup with a 62's Fender once and posted some sound clips. He couldn't see (hear :D) any diff between the pickups. I have to confess that I didn't notice any difference myself...

My advice:
    keep the originals ;) and put a set of TI flats on her . I have one myself and love mine's tone.

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yea i think i came across that somewhere i think he mentioned it in the essex megathread.

9. Yeah, that's pretty snotty...Punk! :D

Actually, in case you didn't notice, newbies who don't use the search function or use the :rolleyes: liberally have been yelled at quite a bit in the past. Judging by Figjam's posts, he's new here so I thought I'd take him under my wing, so to speak. But if you want...

OKAY FIGJAM! TAKE YOUR ESSEX AND DON'T COME BACK UNDER YOU FIGURE OUT THE SEARCH FUNCTION. AND TAKE THAT TROUBLEMAKER BASSISTGOD WITH YOU TOO! :p

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    .. Im kinda new to this forum, but not to forums in general. Get off my back, i know about thesearch function. I used it, but i guess i typed in something mispelled or something. Maybe i mispelled precision. Im sorry...

11. Umm, is it just me or are you guys totally misinterpreting me?

I'm not getting on your back, I was actually trying to save you from the usual tongue-lashing that occurs. :rolleyes:

Oh well. So much for trying to be the "good cop". This is officially the last time I try to help a newbie. :meh:

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sorry to inform you but the only tongue lashing i was recieving was from you.

13. Well, I'm sorry you went and felt like I was giving you a tongue-lashing. By the way, welcome to Talkbass. :rolleyes:

14. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Your so kind:rolleyes:

15. Indeed, I was. :meh:

16. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Shhhhh people. Be nice :)

This thread is going nowhere, closed.