Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement Pickups for Fender Bullet Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Beammeup, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi,

I was wondering if any of you TB'ers, knew of any replacement for the PU's installed in a Fender Bullet Bass?

I'm looking forward to your reply's

2. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

if it's dead and ya liked the sound of it, i think your only option is to rewind, otherwise there are no direct drop in replacements.

3. I have changed two of these over to precision pickups. If you have a dremel to rout out some wood and cut the pickguard with its easy. no wiring problems. Its a little touchy by the thin piece of pickguard left after it's trimmed

4. My first bass was a Squire bullet,but I cant remember what the pickup configuration looked like.I haven't heard all the pickups out there,but my favorite by far is the Bartolini line.Used in many basses.Awesome sound!

5. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    I just wanted to thank you for the replies.

It seems like a difficult task to find a stock replacement Pickup.

Thanks!

6. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I would think Fender has replacement pickups as they have a reissue of the Mustang bass on the market.

7. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Hi,

I've tried to browse and search fender.com, with no luck
    http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?seek=s.p.a._pickups

Please let me know if you have any links.

8. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    Angela Instruments had NOS Bullet Bass pickups for sale for $15 closeout. Shoot them an email and see if they still have them. These are the actual pickups that were in the US Bullet Basses.

http://www.angela.com/