Replacement Pots

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Feb 11, 2002.

  1. I've looked and searched, and still can't find any place that sells replacement pots. I've found them on ebay, but normally with a whole pickguard/pickup/pot/knob/input assembly. All I want are some spare volume and tone pots. Does any one know where I can get them?
  2. rllefebv


    Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
  3. JohnL


    Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    Stew-Mac is the place; you will need to specify which pots: 250k or 500k. Generally, the 250k is used with passive pups, the 500k is used for active. (Also, I believe the 250k loses a little of the high end to ground, so they are usually regarded as "warmer" sounding.)