Replacement pu for MIA Fender Jazz V?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by whyusofunky, Nov 9, 2005.

1. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on replacement pu's for MIA Fender Jazz V. I like the stock pu's, but I'm looking for more punch. My band performs alot of funk/blues/rock/prog. Any thoughts
  2. As far as I know, there are only two replacement pu's that fit the odd-sized routings on Fender Jazz V basses:

- The Fender Vintage Noiseless Jazz Bass (, not easy to find but I got mine here: http://www.gui**** scroll down almost to the end for the 5-string version, sold only as a set. I have the neck version (they used to sell them separately) in my J/MM Warmoth and it's hotter and punchier than a regular J pickup, apart from dead quiet of course. I really like it.

- The Bartolini 57's. Not much info in Bartolini's page but there's a brief description here:

Hope this helps!
  3. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Noordstrand makes single coil, and split humcancellers that are direct replacement for the Fender V. They rock, don't pass them up.
  4. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner at Mo's Shop - Tech at Nordstrand Supporting Member

May 25, 2003
    Studio City+Redlands, CA
    Endorsing artist: Nordstrand - Genzler Amplification - Sadowsky - Dunlops Strings - DR Strings

No extra comment!