1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacement pups for a T-bird.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by babuska, Apr 7, 2006.

1. babuska

babuska

Nov 14, 2005
    Finland
    Is there any good replacement pick-ups for Gibson Thunderbird? I played my T-bird in a music store(I was test driving the Mesa 400+), and there was annoying extra noise, coming out of the amp. I asked about it, and the seller said that T-birds pick-ups are not the best quality, and pick up interference from the room lights in the store. I was amazed, but when I tried with another bass, there wasn´t that noise anymore.
    Anyone experienced this? Or replaced the pups of the T-bird?

2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    bartolini make Tbird replacements.

also you could try getting some EMGs to fit

3. babuska

babuska

Nov 14, 2005
    Finland

Have you ever tried Bartolinis?

4. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I have two basses with the Tbird pickups - an '87 Gibson IV with the same TB Plus that are in new Tbirds, and a '76 with the '70s chrome pickups, and neither of them are noisy. I've never heard anyone say that Tbird pickups are noisy.

5. babuska

babuska

Nov 14, 2005
    Finland
    T-birds pups are not noisy, absolutely, that´s why I was amazed in a store, but that made me wonder if there are better sounding replacements for T-bird. You see, the eternal search of the holy grail of the sound!

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Your sales guy doesn't know much. T-birds sound fabulous stock.