1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacement screws for P bridge?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by jm1, Jul 24, 2004.

1. jm1

jm1

Nov 12, 2003
    Heres the story: I've been on vacation at my mom's house out here in Somerset, Massachusetts for about a week, bassless. I was jonesing real bad for some bass action of any sort and made a trip down to Guitar Center looking for a cheap and/or used Squier. I picked up an Affinity P and it sounded and played just fine. But, much to my dismay and in my own stupidity I didn't "check out" the bass as much as I should have, and when I got it home I noticed one of the alan wrench screws that holds up the saddle on one side of the G wasn't there at all! :crying:

Now on to the important thing: Are these replaceable in a hardware store, or anywhere? And if so, what is the size I'd be looking for?

Thanks to anyone who can help! :bassist:

2. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Check "All Parts" or "StewMac"

3. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    fwiw, i found a couple at my local home depot, don't look the same but i don't think you care. they were in a little drawer in the hardware section next to other screws and such, but you'll probably need someone with an orange vest to help. bring a sample.