Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement speaker for a Hartke Kickback 10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gwreid, Jan 5, 2006.

1. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Okay, I have to admit it, I have a Kickback 10 practice amp and like it because of its portability and not too bad sound/performance. Although it doesn't get much use, like many before me, I've blown the speaker and because of its reputation I don't feel inclined to replace the speaker with another Hartke. Any suggestions as to a good replacement speaker that won't blow or should I say suck?

2. I really don't have any suggestions on good speakers but I just wanted to comment that the quote from you daughter in your sig is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

3. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Thanks BG. It was the opening line of the first email she sent me while attending a summer workshop at Amherst College. The program was obviously doing its thing.

And, your location, Utah, is certainly not the armpit, it's my favorite state. Enjoy it. Regards. G.

4. gwreid

gwreid

Apr 8, 2005
    Utah
    Well, I installed a 300 watt Emi Delta neo and it blows away the regular Hartke speaker. I'm one happy camper. This speaker makes the Kickback better than the amp was new. Hastke wanted $100 for a replacement I got this neo for that price and there is NO comparison.

I'll now answer my own question... get an Emi Neo.

5. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    PErsonally, I don't have the same model that you own but I did replace my Hartke Transporter Series 1x15 speaker with an Eminence Kappa 15"...

The 15 sounds 100 times better than the stock Hartke one. An added bonus for me was the fact that i got to push an extra 200 watts through it. Hartke's 15" was 150 watts @ 8 ohms where this Kappa is 350 watts at @ ohms

Some guy on ebay is an eminence dealer and sells them for a decent price. I got mine from him and loved the quality and price.

Go to Eminence's website and find out what 10" speaker is right for you.
    I think they are discontinuing the "gamma" models i believe.

6. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Eminence CH2010 150 watts on the bay for $119.00

I replaced it in my Kickback 10 last night... I can now turn it up without disorting.
    A little bit of trimming of the rat fur and it fits snugly and the holes line up perfectly..