1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement speaker for a mesa road ready 810?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iamdenialNJ, May 7, 2010.

1. I couldn't help myself and found a pretty cheap road ready 810 cab for sale on the local cl. There was a farting sound coming from the cab when I played it but the price was right and I took it home. I took apart the front grill and found out that one of the speaker cones is detached from the speaker it self. If that makes any sense. The speaker still works but since the middle portion is not glued to the rest of the speaker it farts. All other speakers look healthy. It's an 8ohm cab

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Should I replace or repair?
    P4120130.
    P4120124-1.
    P4120150-1.
    P4120145-1.
    Here is a bad picture of the speaker itself. The tear is from one dot to the other. Maybe a ~2 to 4mm space.
    P4120135-2.

2. neither,can't be repaired......once one driver goes they're total junk......the only known disposal (legal) site for those cabs is a few miles from here,so box it up and send it to me and i'll take care of the problem for you......no need to thank me,i'm glad to help

3. Only if I can pay the disposal fee!

4. suraj

suraj

Oct 1, 2008
    Mumbai, India
    Looks like some glue could fix it.. The bad speaker can definately be repaired..!! Doesn't look like a tear at all..

5. lem8r

lem8r

Jan 6, 2010
    Ukraine
    +1
    just glue that dust cap

6. Any particular type of glue? I'm pretty ignorant with this type of stuff.

7. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    Here's what I'd do ... get some Carter's runner cement, some tissue paper and coat the cone area where the rip is, layer some tissue paper and put a top coat ... put some glue on the bottem of the rip

8. Ok, so...make a sandwich out of the tissue paper with the rubber cement being the 'bread'?:smug: