Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement Speaker for Ampeg SVT-210HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bos, Dec 7, 2004.

1. bos

bos

Jan 21, 2004
    So, I was rolling my rig (head, 2x10,1x15) out to the car after a gig and the thing tipped over. when I hooked it all up at home there was alot of noise, so i replaced the tubes in the head and now the head and 1x15 are working great again.Unfortunatly my 2x10 cab (Svt210he) has developed a nasty rattle. I have pulled the offending speaker (the outer metal rim of the speaker is what's rattling) and would like to get a replacement for it. it is a 10" 4 ohm speaker, where can I order a replacement? I would like to get the same part if possible.

-- Paul

2. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    this came up earlier somewhat... Eminence makes pretty damn good speakers, they pretty much make speaker for every company from Avatar to Fender to Ampeg... try them out

3. notanaggie

notanaggie Guest

Sep 30, 2003
    If the "outer metal rim" is rattling, maybe it is just loose in the cabinet.....replacing it on account of looseness seems like less than the best idea.........

Why not tighten it up? Then it won't be loose.

What you hear MAY only be an air leak that developed after the thing fell over. They can make sounds that you would swear in court was something rattling.

A wire may have gotten behind the cone in the fall, and is rattling against the cone or surround.

I think you need to look a little further into this before assuming that the speaker is now toast.

There ARE bad things that CAN be the problem, and need replacement....loose magnet, shifted magnet that is now rubbing the voice coil, bent frame (most are stamped metal , thick, but still...) etc.

4. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    If you do need to replace it, you can check with Ampeg customer service as to exactly what you need. (I suggest replacing it with what's already in there for sound & re-sale reasons.)

I'm guessing it's a 16 ohm eminence speaker (if it's an 8 ohm cab.) www.usspeakers.com sells 'em for about $60.

5. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    I agree with the thought of checking to make sure the speaker is really a bad one now.

The outer rim rattling isn't a normal defect in a speaker, it is more a matter of mounting, as noted by another poster.

And, yes, air leaks can sound like a rattle, wires can hit the come, etc, etc, etc.

If you do need a new speaker, Service has them.

1 800 738 7563