1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacement Speaker for Hartke A100?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StingrayTBold, Aug 21, 2012.

1. I'm the proud owner of a Hartke A100 that I got off of CL several years ago, and it has served me quite well until recently when the speaker just completely failed. :crying:

I'm looking to replace the 8-ohm 15" speaker, but I'd like to try a Neodymium speaker since I'm carrying this thing back and forth, and the kickback design while it works great for onstage, is it a bit awkward to carry around. So, I want something good, but I'd like to really try to make this thing as light as possible. I've done some research, and it looks like these are my top 3 choices:

Eminence Deltalite II 2515 300W
    Eminence Kappalite 3015
    Eminence Kappalite 3015lf

Looks like I can snag a Delta for about $140 online, but I read elsewhere that for a bit more $$$, the Kappalite's are far superior, although a bit heavier. Ideally, as I said above, I'd really like to make this thing as light as possible. Also, I mainly just use it as a bass monitor on stage, so the sound quality isn't extremely important to me. Are the Kappas really that much better and worth the extra $$$, or would I be good with a Delta?

Or does anyone have any other good Neo-speaker recommendations?

-StB