1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement Speaker for Hartke Kickback 12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thevintagesound, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Anyone know where I can get a replacement speaker for a Hartke Kickback 12? I'd prefer the Hartke but if you have other suggestions I am open to them.

2. joegeezer

joegeezer

Mar 9, 2005
    Northern Wisconsin
    Avatar Club#12 Eden Club Lucky# 13--USA Peavey Club#37 Carvin Club#5
    If it was my little rig, I'd call Avatar, and get a 12 inch NEO driver in 4 ohms. It would make a cranckin' little box out of it.

3. figuredbass

figuredbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2007
    NYC vicinity
    No! The Kickback's amplifier is not designed to drive a 4 ohm speaker or 4 ohm load. It's manual specifically states that the speaker load must be 8 ohms only. Increasing the demand of the amplifier with a 4 ohm load will either burn out the amp or throw it into protection mode where it will shut down.

4. Looking on the back it has something about a 6 ohm speaker.

5. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    They use custom 6 ohm speakers, indeed. Don't go for 4ohm. Getting the original Hartke speaker is probably the best idea. I'd call them and ask, though.

6. Well I called Hartke about a replacement and they sent me to the local service centers. They want me to bring it in so they can replace the speaker at $65/hr plus the cost of the speaker. Its 12 screws and two wires! Looks like I am going with Eminence.

7. jwegrzyn

jwegrzyn

Feb 17, 2011
    Kingston NY
    Hi,

I've read the thread about the Hartke Kickback 12 and am interested in your results with the Eminence. Which one did you use? What were your results? I am experiencing a speaker that's on its way out and I'm wondering what speaker to try in the combo. I will be calling Hartke tomorrow to find out the bad news about price and how they will handle it this time...any comments would be appreciated...thanks. :atoz:

jim

8. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    I'm following this with interest as I just picked up a little 8 ohm 100 watt bass combo with a blown driver as well. Probably less than half a cubic foot internal volume (just guessing) I'm thinking maybe a Delta-lite 2512-II ? 3012ho?

9. Hey guys
    I ended up getting the Eminence Deltalite 2512 bass speaker. It has more output than the stock speaker, a little less on the top but has a warmer sounding low end. I had thought about sealing the port on the back of the hartke just to see what the difference would be, but never got around to it.

10. jwegrzyn

jwegrzyn

Feb 17, 2011
    Kingston NY
    Thanks for the reply...

I spoke to the folks at US Speaker...they recommended the EMINENCE BASSLITE S2012...I have a call into Hartke because I want to see what they will do for me firsthand before I make a decision...:confused:

jim

11. The local dealer for hartke would not sell me the speaker directly. They had to install which was $50 on top of the cost of the speaker ($110 I think). Just FYI

12. RexBass

RexBass

Oct 16, 2011
    Hi jwegrzyn

Finally what decision did you make for your replacement speaker? Did you try the EMINENCE BASSLITE S2012 ? If so are you happy with it ?

Your feedback will be of great help because I also have a speaker problem.

Thanks!

13. jwegrzyn

jwegrzyn

Feb 17, 2011
    Kingston NY
    The problem was mis-diagnosed (by me). It was actually a problem in the jack of the bass. I have not replaced the speaker. I had also contacted Sampson regarding a replacement, would have probably gone with the OEM speaker for the extra $10 it would have cost. Hope this helps. :)

14. RexBass

RexBass

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks.

I digged into the OEM way and finally I called the local reseller and they propose an OEM speaker to me for 62€. I think I will take this opportunity.