Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement Speakers for Carvin RC210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Orco87, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I just recently bought a carvin RL410 (ebay) and one of the magnets on the bottom speaker was completely seperated from the speaker itself. Also, one of the top speakers was blown. The seller will be giving the money value for the broke speaker.

I'm thinking about taking the 2 speakers from my RC210 cab and putting them in my RL410 cab and just buying better speakers for my RC210.

I was wondering though, in my RC210 that I have, what replacement speakers could I put in that?

I've seen something about eminence when I did a search, but I couldn't find enough information since the threads were from 2 years ago and I think the products have changed.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

2. I am pretty sure that the speakers in the Carvin cabs are Emenence speakers.
    You can order replacements from them pretty cheaply I would guess.

As for upgrading the speakers, you would have to do some research on ideal box size for the replacements you put in there in order to choose the best speaker for the box. I'm guessing the Carvin 210 is designed to the requirements of the speakers that are in it as far as port size and box volume.

3. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Been there, done that. Years ago, I wanted to change my RC210 to an 8-ohm combo, so I could run it parallel/bridged with another 8-ohm cab without putting the head in danger. So I picked up a pair of 16-ohm Eminence Deltas, and popped them in the RC210 (the Carvin drivers are also Eminence, and similar).

Worked like a charm; even improved the sound of the Carvin combo, IMHO. Can be had in either 8- or 16-ohms, your preference.

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  5. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    Thanks for all the replies. I was mainly looking for prices, I would hope that everything would fit very well.

Has anyone had any trouble in fitting the speaker into the actual cab itself? :confused:

6. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    No problems whatsoever. Simple screw-in installation. Just make sure you keep the polarity correct when you plug in the wires.

Prices - well, as I said, it's been a while since I did this. But I paid approx. $50 each for the Deltas.

As BillyB suggested, email Dave at Avatar.

7. I have a RC210 for a backup and I replaced the 10's with Delta 10's from Dave at Avatar. It bumped the cabinet up to a 600 watt cabinet. Let me warn ya though, it makes the cabinet HEAVY. Seems like the speakers were around $50.00 each delivered. You can look at the Avatar site and get the current price from Dave.

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Putting the 2x10 aside for a second - my concern is the 4x10. You're likely to encounter all sorts of problems by not having 4 identical speakers in it.

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Pete, I think they are all the same...Carvin uses the same 10s in the 2x10 and the 4x10...or so I've convinced myself.

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I stand corrected. Just ignor me when I say stupid stuff like that OK :)

11. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas

That was one of my concerns as well, so I decided to replace the 2 speakers in the 410 with the ones from the 210, they're mostly the same age, wattage, and model so that works out.

I went ahead and bought the delta 10's.... I should've emailed Dave though :scowl: ... I bought them for roughly 80 each and free shipping :D, but a post later I find out I could've gotten them for 50 a piece... :rollno: :bawl:

*sigh*

Thanks for all the help, hopefully by the next practice session I can show up with this and surprise my fellow band members like I did last time with my RC210! :bassist:

(I don't post here too much, but I love these Smilies)