1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacement Tuners For Dean AEB

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by EtoG, Dec 28, 2011.

1. EtoG

EtoG

Sep 7, 2010
    Hey, all.

I have a Dean Acoustic bass laying around that's great to play on, but the G string tuner seems to be broken. When I attempt to tighten the string up to G, there is a loud snap and the tension is released undoing all winding up to that point. Before this happened it was incredibly difficult to tighten.

The A string is also incredibly tough to increase the pitch of anywhere near the A, so I feel like it's giving out as well. I have it strung with the stock strings.

At this point I think I'm going to replace all of the tuners. Do you guys know any alternatives that would fit or if it's even worth it?

Bass in question: Dean EAB

Thanks for any help you can provide!

2. samurai1993

samurai1993

Jun 6, 2010
    Chile
  3. EtoG

EtoG

Sep 7, 2010
    Ah, I hadn't considered the need for 2L 2R.

Thanks so much! :)

Just a shame that a set of 4 tuners can be so pricey for a bass that costs around $150 new. :meh: Although the first link you posted is reasonably priced.

4. samurai1993

samurai1993

Jun 6, 2010
    Chile
    take a look at the forum's classifieds, that's algo a good option :D