Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

replacement warwick necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hyperlitem, Mar 17, 2004.

1. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ok so my newest bass is a warwick thumb bolt on. I love it, but i def didnt need another 4 string fretted bass. I was wondering if i could get a fretless neck from warwick or if anyone makes replacement necks for warwick thumbs. Ideally id want a graphite one but i doubt thatll happen, ill be lucky if i can find one at all.

2. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    y not just de fret it? or even get a new board if you want to spend that much money. i dont know of anyone maken em.
    good luck
    -marty

3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I think I remember hearing that Warwick doesn't do replacement necks. It has something to do with each basses serial number is stamped on the neck when sold. My recomendation is to defret. It's a much cheaper process. The only concern that I would have is that more than likely the board is Wenge which is too porous IMO for fretless. In that case, pulling the board could be an option and having it replaced with an Ebony one which would do better with fretless.