1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacements actives For my G&L L2500

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bassman62, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Does anyone know if replacement actives are available anywhere for the G&L L2500.
    The Bass is great but the actives are limited to cut only as well as no mid control.

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I put an Audere 3zb into my L2500. It's a great pairing with the MFD hunbuckers. Mine is more or less stock appearing - 3 knobs - 2 are stacked (Mid on Blend, Treble on Bass and 3 switches for z-mode in place of the pickup selector, Series Single and Parallel coils for each pickup are the other two.

The only additional hole is on the side, by the output jack. That one is approx 1.5 to 2mm and let's the battery indicator LED shine when a cable is inserted.

I really like this setup a lot. When the EQ is flat, the bass sounds very much like an L Series G&L but I get the active buffered blend in place of the selector and the low-neutral-hi z mode switch, and of course 3 band active EQ.

There is one trick to the installation - on the MFD humbucker there is a ground wire that connects to the magnet, you need to remove both sides from the magnet and then jump the two sides together so there is one contiguous ground wire from the pickup chassis to the cavity. It's pretty easy to see this when the pickups are out of the bass.

One of Dave Meadows' demo basses is an early L2K and it just rocks ... that's the one that convinced me to try Audere.