Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacements for a MIM Jazz V

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by justBrian, Dec 4, 2002.

1. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I haven't had much luck finding what I need for this bass. I would lke to have something with more GROWL and BITE. I also want some thing that will drop in, or go in with minimal routing. My budget is $150 (that includes shipping). Suggestions?
    Cheers,
    BD

2. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Right-- thanks for all of the response. You guys are awesome-- :mad:

Anyway, I've found some that look really interesting that I'm going to try. Check 'em out:

www.linearpickups.com

They are supposed to drop right in-- I'm getting the Radiance p'up with the 2d bullets.

So there.... :mad:

3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Oh yeah, I'll post a review after I get them installed.
    Cheers. :D

4. Do those fit the jazz holes (it doesn't look like it in the picture), or are you planning on getting your bass re-routed for them? They do sound interesting though!

-Steve

5. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Their email said that they would just drop in-- and that they will customize them to fit at no cahrge to me. I'm ordering them this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

6. Thrillkiller

Thrillkiller

Apr 25, 2001
    NC
    If your MIM Jazz V is a recent model (less than 2 years old) then it will be easier to find pickups that fit. Look into the Seymour Duncan Basslines series, the 67/70 set will fit with no routing needed.

7. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    When I had a MIM Jazz V a few years ago, I found that only the MIA pickups were a stock fit to the MIM. They sounded much more Jazz-like, because they had the alnico magnet pole-pieces instead of the ceramic bar magnets across the bottom. More even, more natural tone.

I liked them well enough to get a set of MIA stock pickups for my '74 Jazz that had Bartolinis in it.

Dan