Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

replacements for my old spector?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pigpen02, Jun 18, 2002.

1. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    it's quite old, has the spector p/j pick ups, and i'd really like to swap them out for something a little hotter. any ideas? anyone know anything about the spector pups?

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i have an older spector also. Its not an american, but its a ns4 i beleive. I got lucky and didnt know what i was getting when i got it, but its by far the best import bass ive ever played. It has the spector/emg pickups in it. This may be the bass you have, or you might have an american one, dunno i need more info. If you want hotter my suggestion is get sum active pickups. The pickups i have are passive, with an active preamp. I love that tone and i swear by active preamp/ passive pickups in all my basses. You could always try exprimenting with a hotter preamp also, but that can be expensive. Just try combinations if you have the time and money. Throwing some hot emgs in there would probably do wonders for you though.

3. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    try a 9 volt system or even an 18 volt for the killer tone. I upgraded my Spector to 18 volts and love the punch and drive I gives my set up.
    Cheers