Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacing a Mythical Beast

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by comady1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. comady1

comady1

Mar 2, 2005
    So this is kind of odd, but here's a summary of the story...

Had an Earth Sound Research B2000 115 Combo on wheels (gawd, every amp should be on wheels). Let a friend borrow it. He liked it so much he said he'd buy it. He was a friend I trusted, I had a new rig, why not. Never saw a dime for it.

Lost touch with this friend and the Amp and am now trying to replace it. I know these things are scarce but does anybody in the Kentucky, Chicago, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana area have one of these laying around they'd want to get rid of? Or has anybody seen one lately in a pawn/music shop?

Keep your eyes on the look out. Rewards abound for either my original amp, my ex-friend's head on a platter or a replacement.

thanks

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Damn, I have a Earth Bass Head aswell as a 115 cabinet from back in the 70's. Those are some great amps, I hope you find it....Earth is a hard brand to find these days.

3. Occasionly they'll show up on Ebay. In fact, I think there was a combo on there a month or two ago, hope it wasn't yours.

My first big rig was an Acoustic 134 head on top of an Earth 2x15. I still have both!

Good luck with your search.

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    i think there may be one in a stinky little music store in morristown near me. I seem to trecall an earth head or PA head or something. i will go there this weekend and check if i am right or mistaken. lots of old (and bad) gear there. they rent/sell, but its really nasty smellling.

5. comady1

comady1

Mar 2, 2005
    yeah, i bought mine originally from a store that had dog vomit on the floor and was run by two inbred brothers who weighed a metric ton and slept on couches in the back of the store. i think they lived there as well as worked there.

keep me posted if you see one.

6. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Where is this store....I must visit it...

7. comady1

comady1

Mar 2, 2005
    lexington, Kentucky
    Used Amps, Guitars, Inbreds, Dog Vomit, Strings, Repair... You can get it all at Good Ole Boy's Music

8. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    road trip!

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I know that place! I use to go there to play a purple, neck thru BC Rich Mockingbird... dual DiMarzio P pickups and 500 switches and knobs. I LOVED that bass.... they wanted about 2x the market value though :meh:

Funny thing, I lived in Lexington, KY briefly... I think I know that store too. White stand alone building with black iron bars??? I was there in 95 or so.

10. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    where in lexington is this store? The white building with bars on the windows sounds like willcut guitars on rosemont...

11. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I lived in Garden Springs section... it was very close by.

12. comady1

comady1

Mar 2, 2005
    this was on winchester road between the strip joint and the other strip joint and across from the other strip joint and the adult bookstore and the other strip joint and the pawn shop where i worked.

got to know a lot of strippers.