1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacing a speaker in my mesa cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Omnihility, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Omnihility

Omnihility

Feb 18, 2011
    I recently came across a used 4x10 Mesa speaker cabinet with one blown speaker. After I pulled the speaker out I found myself in quite the conundrum as there is no way of identifying what it is. The only marking on it is was a bar code sticker that says 1046 and made in the U.S.A on it.

Can anyone help me out or suggest a proper replacement? I'm playing a show with Hate Eternal in about a month and would like to use this particular cabinet. I'd be incredibly thankful for any replacement suggestions or info on the original speaker.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Contact Mesa with the model number of the cabinet and ask for a replacement driver.

Edit: and who are Hate Eternal??? :)

3. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    I would contact Mesa Boogie, its most likely a special design Eminence speaker. So even if we figured out what it resembles to a off the shelf speaker. It wont match the other 3

needs to be a matching special design.

of similar interest found a recone of that part number,
    so buy a new one from Boogie or get the bad one reconed

*edit* actually in the pic it looks like a EV speaker

I think its called a PowerHouse 150 which is a 150watt 8ohm speaker actual part number is 761046

4. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    +1...

To the best of my knowledge, Mesa is using Eminence USA drivers with a custom x-max to match up with their cabinets dimensions and tuning.

5. Omnihility

Omnihility

Feb 18, 2011
  6. Mesa has made cabinets for many years, and used speakers from several different manufacturers. The above advice is probably spot on if your used cab is a recent one, but being used it might not be. A pic would help.

My Mesa 4X10 used Eden drivers. It was an older model.