1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacing a wonky blend pot..

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Sav'nBass, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Blend pots are audio taper if i understand the term correctly from doing a search correct? I was going to redo my pre & pups on my Schecter.. but financial constraints have forced me to hold off on that for a while.. till at least after Christmas.. but I figured I could replace my wonky blend pot now but I am not sure which one to use..

In looking at the descriptions here on this site, it would appear that the lower ohm pot is for active pups.. and since my bass has EMG HZs which I believe are passive I am thinking that I would need one of the other ones.. Am I correct? I have a preamp in this bass.. but the pups are passive.. at least thats what I thought.. am I thinking right on this?

I need some of you folks who know more than I do to set me straight..

I was also looking here..

2. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    get the bourns from allparts, they're built nicely. you'll want 500k for your passive pickups.

3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    Thanks.........