1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacing bass whammy....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by That Coyote, Sep 11, 2017.

1. That Coyote

That Coyote

Apr 7, 2017
    So I'm considering replacing my digitech bass whammy with something smaller to accommodate a couple things on my board. Any suggestions for a more compact pitch shifter/harmonizer? Let me know what you like/dislike about what your using. Thanks in advance! Most of my pedal decisions are made with y'alls feedback.

2. Brio

Brio Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    Not really smaller but I didn't know I needed a pitch shifter until I got a Source Audio Nemesis. There are a wide range of pitch shifting and harmonizing options available. Plus nearly every delay emulation you could want and a few other unique Source Audio sounds in a fairly compact and highly customizable package.

3. That Coyote

That Coyote

Apr 7, 2017
    I'm actually looking at a nemesis to replace my nova. I think I'd still want a stand alone harmonizer/shifter.

Brio likes this.
  4. Brio

Brio Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Kansas City
    Give it a try. Between the pitch shifting and the degrade (bit crushing) settings I'm gassing for a 2nd one.

That Coyote likes this.
  5. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    Digitech ricochet you won't get all the choices of the whammy but it's a cool pedal.

That Coyote likes this.
  6. BtaylorTheRogue

BtaylorTheRogue

Nov 14, 2016
    Pitchfork+expression pedal

That Coyote likes this.