Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacing Bridge on MIA Fender..worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crazyphil, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Is it worth it to replace the stock bridge on a Fender (MIA) with a Badass II? Of course this will prevent use of the body-through stringing.

2. I wouldn't. Why are you looking to replace the bridge?

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I wouldn't either.

4. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    No. A complete waste of money that will only degrade the resale value of the instrument.

5. Not really looking to replace it..was just wondering. Thanks for the information.

6. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    hey crazyphil, do you know of anywhere in toronto where I can pick up a badass II??

I asked the people who work at both local music stores and they just stood there and scratched their heads.

7. Really? I got one for my first bass at the 12th fret on the Danforth. Of course I drilled the routing for the strings incorrectly so it's now in the garbage. I purchased my second Badass II at Steve's Music. I know Long and McQuade has a 5-er version; not sure of the 4.

BTW No matter what they tell you, you DO NOT NEED TO predill or route anything for the strings. They will make their own grooves eventually.

8. BTW, at Steve's, ask to talk to Nigel or Ned from the bass department. They'll know what you're talking about. From L&M, anyone in the bass department will know what you're talking about.

9. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    Thanks a lot man.

Do you know how much they go for?

10. 12th fret had them for $65. Steve's has em for $85.