1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Replacing bridge pup in Lakland 55-01

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Acepiloto, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Acepiloto

Acepiloto

Aug 25, 2000
    So I've had this bass, stock, for 12 to 13 years now. I've loved it, but I'm starting to think it needs some more oomph. I know I could replace both pickups with the Barts that fit, but I like the way the neck pickup gives me a good P bass sound. How much of a volume difference (overall and between the pickups) would there be if I put in a humbucker at the bridge as opposed to the split coil that's in there now?

I also intend to upgrade the preamp to an OBP-3.

2. brbadg

brbadg

Nov 10, 2006
    Timonium,Maryland
    I don't get "oomph".Can't you turn it up or fix the eq to match the sound in your head?

3. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    • Think about trying an Audere Pro JZ3 3band Tight on a 55-01

4. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    If you're going to do both anyway, maybe try just the preamp first. That thing sounds horrid.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021