Replacing Carvin tweeter w/ Eden?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dustamaphone, Apr 4, 2002.

1. dustamaphone

Feb 24, 2002
    USA, MN
    I am experiencing yet another problem w/ my new 410 cab from carvin. When it first arrived, two of the speakers weren't even connected. The wire wasn't connected to the terminal! Now the compression horn (tweeter)is buzzing. Its under warranty and I will send it back for repairs but in the meantime I thought I'd purchase an Eden tweeter and put that in instead. The carvin horn is plastic and Edens is metal. The carvin cab has a switch attenuator off,3,6,9dbs or full on. I was wondering if there are any other issues I should be aware of. I've also emailed Eden but all feedback is helpful. Yeah, I know. What did I expect from carvin. But the system (RL1018) isn't that bad its just the lack of attention to detail. A plastic horn! Give me a break.
  2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Most horns are Phenolic (Plastic)
    About the Eden.
    1) Check Impedance
    2) Crossover Point dB/Octave

The crosover point is a major ingredient on how the tweeter is going to perform. The lower, the harsher it can get and also the more power it will receive.
    I would get an Eden Crossover or raise the crossover point (Replacing capacitors and coils) up to 4 or 4.5 KHz, wich to me sounds good for that particular cab.
  3. dustamaphone

Feb 24, 2002
    USA, MN
    I must admit my ignorance on this subject. It's been made painfully obvious. I'll have to do a little more research on the specs and get back to you.