1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacing Covers on Dimarzio Ultra Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by indykrap, Jul 18, 2007.

1. indykrap

indykrap

Nov 6, 2004
    Hey,
    I have a set of Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups in my GL bass, and I love em. Only problem is, the covers are pretty scratched up right now. I tried to replace them, but they're glued on.
    Does anyone know the best way to remove these? I want to be really careful and not damage them.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    I'd contact Steve at Dimarzio. Better beat up and sounding great than looking great and broke.

3. jisbass

jisbass

May 13, 2005
    Queens, NY
    When I was putting in my Ultra jazz pickups in my MIJ jazz bass, the bridge pickup was too long, as expected. I didn't want to chisel out the pickup cavity on my bass, so I decided to try to switch the cover on the dimarzio w/ the original MIJ pickup cover. The glue (silicone seal) mainly contacts the edge of the pickup cover, so I just used a razor blade to carefully separate the silicone from the cover. When I fit the pickup in the MIJ cover, the magnet poles lined up nicely, and it worked out fine for me.

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    That's a good idea for guys with two same size pups to look at simply swapping covers. My guess is it would work less often than not but the only one that counts is the current situation.