1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacing deteriorating foam in Anvil Flight Case

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andysvec, Apr 19, 2010.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

I have an anvil flight case for my gk mb150e but haven't used it in years. Pulled it out the other day and noticed the interior foam is crumbling and falling apart in a big gooey mess. Anyone know where I can get some of this thick dense foam that they use in these fitted flight cases? I'm on Guam so I don't really want to send the case back to Anvil to get re-foamed, hoping someone might know a source.

2. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, it's a PITA, isn't it? I think that the industry has moved away from the foam formula that does that, but there's lots of the stuff out there. I refoamed a case myself with regular foam padding, but getting all that old stuff out of there was pretty hard and it made a huge mess. It sticks to everything.

Sorry, I don't have a solution for you, only commiseration.

3. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

thanks for the link, quite the selection of stuff they have!

Looks like something like this might work, just need to figure out how much I would need in inches:

http://www.adamhall.com/uk/AH_p--project_27__b--0191

might have to find another source though, UK to Guam might not be worth the shipping. But I'm on the right track now.

yeah, I've had a few Anvil cases from 10-20 years back that are still in great shape but you open it up and the foam has turned into a sticky nightmare - now that's a good band name:)