Replacing Foam on a Warwick Rockstand

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LiquidMidnight, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hey all, the foam on the bottom rack of my Rockstand is getting to the point that it needs replaced. I was wondering if anybody has ever replaced their foam, and if so, could you direct me where to get a replacement. I have the three-guitar model.

Thanks in advance!

2. Not sure about your Warwick but on all my single stands , I have replace the foam with 3/8" fuel line available from any auto parts store. The foam on the rock stand is a lot bigger diameter than that. Maybe some 3/4" or 7/8" heater hose? You would have to split it length wise to install it. It's not as cushy as the foam but it won't scratch anything and it lasts forever.

3. O.K. It's afternoon now and I have had my coffee. Measure the diameter of the metal pipe and go to a plumbing supply warehouse and ask for some foam water pipe insulation of that size. It is usually pre split and a lot of them have a glue already on them that you can peal off a strip and just glue the two sides together after you slip it over the pipe. It's more like the foam on your stand and probably easier to work with than the automotive stuff although if you can use the automotive stuff , it will last forever.

LiquidMidnight likes this.
  4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Thanks for the tips, Sharkbait!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021