Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

replacing GK 200mb speaker

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by B String, Oct 21, 2002.

1. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've been told that you can only replace
    a GK 200mb (or 150mb) speaker with a
    factory replacment. Anyone know why?
    I've called GK a few times but can't seem
    to ever talk to a human. I'm thinking of
    putting in an old EV force 12in.

2. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Call the factory and dial EXT. 109, that should put you in touch with the parts guy. He should help. He better. Let me know if he doesn't.

3. B String

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Thanks Trip. Its already done. They
    tried to be helpfull. Hey... Have you
    seen the replacment for the 1001rb
    yet? I'm seeing some REALLY good
    deals on the 1001's. Do the new ones
    really kick that much more butt, or
    is it marginal?

4. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Suffice it to say that it WILL NOT BE MARGINAL!:D

5. B String

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Trip:
    Do you know if the list price
    will be going up? If not, I will
    wait for the new amp. If they
    are going to jack up the price,
    I may get a closeout cheap.

6. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    The price will be the same. That's what really kills. I think.

7. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Trip, could you compare the new 1001rb to the old? Is there going to be an update on the 700rb as well? I've always had more than enough power with my 700rb. I've also always found that it just sounds a bit sweeter than the 1001rb. If the 1001rb truly kicks major butt and blows away my 700rb, it would be worth looking into (just wish there was someone that carried GK gear somewhere reasonably close). Later...

8. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Here's what I can say: You will be pleased. I will be trying the protos in December and getting things ready. The 400, 700 and 1001 will be improved. You are so right about the 700 being sweeter. It really is. It took me a while to convince Bob G. about it. It was quite funny he denied it for the longest time. Type back soon!

9. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I think that all of us TB'ers need to gang up on you and squeeze you like a sponge until you spill your guts... LOL We wait soooo patiently... It kills me too because I won't get to try it until LONG after it's been put out. WAH!!!!! :( :( :( Did you ever get those 2001rb/Diesel Dawg samples up? I've been waiting to hear one of those since they were put out as well. Later Trip...

10. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I did get one sample up. My limited computer savvy did a number on me. The samples I recorded were long. They were too long for the upload. So I shortened it. It turned out that it took almost a whole day to get just the one thing up. I had to send to another talkbasser who put it into MP3. It was nuts. I really want to spill the beans to you guys. I am going to ask the boss if I can go public. I know you guys are jonesing pretty bad. I know even the he-man GK haters club want to know what's up as well. I'll let you know. Later guys!:)

11. B String

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    YES TRIP!!! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!!!

12. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Spoke to the big man today. He said no. After winter NAMM this year you can hear all about it. Sorry guys just can't. If some of you have scored NAMM passes from somewhere, stop by the GK booth and say "hi." Later guys!

TRIP