1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacing logo on headstock

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by jd50, Dec 10, 2017.

1. jd50

jd50

Nov 16, 2017
    Hi All, so I found a used Warwick Corvette that I really like. The feel and tone are exactly what I'm looking for. The problem is that the previous owner tried to remove the Rockbass logo on the headstock and now it just looks bad. It's really the only thing keeping me from buying the bass. I know it's only a cosmetic issue but it still bothers me, and for $700 I'd like it to look a bit nicer. What would my options be for fixing this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

upload_2017-12-10_12-6-33.

2. Beej

Beej

Feb 10, 2007
    Victoria, BC
    You could just lightly sand back the headstock and spray a matte clear over it, depending on how damaged the spot is. There are places online, eBay etc where you can get replacement decals of almost any kind.

That said, that's an awfully high price for a used rockbass, and even moreso for one with damage...

3. jd50

jd50

Nov 16, 2017
    Cool, doesn't sound too difficult then.

I agree the price does seem a little high, it's at guitar center and I was playing it alongside a brand new Corvette $$ and for some reason the used bass just seemed so much better. I just did a little more research and I think they mislabled it, I'm almost positive it's a fortress, not a corvette. So maybe I just prefer the sound of a Fortress over a Corvette, and active J/J over the passive pups in the corvette. They wouldn't budge on the price, maybe I'd be better off looking for a different Fortress...

upload_2017-12-10_12-53-11.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Warwick/Corvette-5-String-Electric-Bass-Guitar-113666922.gc

4. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    Yeah that is not a corvette.

5. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    Doesn't look like any Corvette I've ever seen, and certainly nothing like my german one. But AFAIK, Warwick neck construction follows similar patterns across models and countries of origin, so why not just add another thin veneer of ebony to the face of the headstock on top of the one already there? Or even some figured maple dyed to match the body might look cool?