1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacing pickguard on MTD Kingston

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Nov 3, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I just heard back from Bass Central about replacing a pickguard on an MTD Kingston, but I was told I can't order a replacement. This seems strange.. I emailed Mike, still waiting to hear back, but I wanted to know if anyone has done this before.

Thanks!

Rob

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I have done it. I got it direct from Mike. In fact, if you want a pearl white one, PM me. I still have it and no longer have the bass.

3. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Thanks anyway. I was looking for black or black perloid. I did email Mike so we'll see what he says. I just found it strange that the MTD rep from bass central said it was a no go..

4. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland
    Those internet pickguard retailers offer dozens of different materials and will cut in any shape if you want so. I went without a pickguard on my Kingsy, though.

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    How does it look without the pickguard? I heard its just the bare maple neck wood.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021