Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacing Pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by pvriesinga, Nov 11, 2004.

1. pvriesinga

pvriesinga

Jul 15, 2003
    Sarnia Ontario
    I have a Washburn RB2002 that i plan on dropping a new MM replacement pickup in it. I think the Nordstrand is the route i want to go, but am unsure of all the parts necessary to wire it up. My Washburn currently has a mm and J configuration with 4 pots... vol, blend, bass, treble. Would i have to add a switch? Or should i just splurge and buy an Aguilar OBP-3?
    Any info is much appreciated.

Phil Vriesinga

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Phil,
    Assuming that you want your bass to be set up the way that it currently is, you shouldn't need to add anything else. The Nordstrand MMs are designed to be drop-in replacements for standard EBMM pickups. However, if you'd like to take advantage of the situation and increase the tonal abilities of your bass by adding a pickup and extra switches while you digging around the control cavity of your bass (like if you wanted to go with a MM4.3 and add a 3-way selector, etc.), that would certainly be an option. But....as is, you should be able to wire the 4.2 just like your current MM-style humbucker is wired. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding Nordstrand pickups...I'd be glad to help.

3. pvriesinga

pvriesinga

Jul 15, 2003
    Sarnia Ontario
    I sent a PM to you with some questions.

Phil Vriesinga