replacing pickups on my jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Wild Bill, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I know this is thread #10000000000 on replacing jazz pickups but I have a question.
    I need new pickups to cut through and that have some good warmth but alot of punch too.
    I read smash's thread and wonder what some other players thought off DiMarzio Model J pickups, and Seymour Duncan Antiquity II, Im just wondering where I can get a pair online, or if anyone knows of any stores in MA that carries them.
  2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    IMHO, the DiMarzio Model J's are an excellent choice. I have them in my 2002 MIM Fender jazz fretless. Like night and day over the stock (weak) pickups.

Best place to get them is Brian is an awesome guy, with great prices. I got mine for $95.00

Here's a little tip; get the push/pull volume pots from Brian too. Then email DiMarzio for a wiring diagram, so you can wire those up to those pots for a series/parallel option. I did this with the Ultrajazz p'u's in my fretted MIM jazz. You get a lot of tonal variations this way!

Oh, Brian is in NH, so you'll get the parts pretty quickly. Hope that helps! :hyper: