Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacing pots

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LumpyGravy, Jun 23, 2004.

1. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    Hi. I am repairing a bass. It is a Washburn XB200. It has after market pickups in it. They are the EMG pj. I need to replace the pots. Currently, it has 2 volume, tone and a 3 way switch. I would like to have volume, bass, treble and a pan. Any ideas of where I can get this? the pickups are active.
    Thank You!

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Talk to an EMG dealer. To get bass and treble controls you will have to add additional circuitry that isn't already in the bass.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    what Bob said. Just because the pickups are active doesn't mean you have active eq capabilities.

4. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    The EMG-BTC system is what you need. You can also get the BTC control seperately to use with any pups.

5. LumpyGravy

LumpyGravy Guest

May 8, 2002
    Ryan
    Thanks a lot. Looks like I will go with it.

6. RyanHelms

RyanHelms

Sep 20, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    Don't mention it. :D There may be a better price out there than Guitar Parts Depot... Don't forget to post up when you get it finished! Inquiring TB'ers want to know.

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've done a lot of dealings with dguitarparts.com, they have the BTC system for $79.