Replacing Speaker in an SL112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RevWood, Feb 19, 2016.

1. RevWood

RevWood

Mar 6, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    Unfortunately for me, I pushed one of my little Aguilar SL112s a little too hard last night and blew the speaker in it. Has anyone else done this? It looks like the speaker loads from the back. Any tips on getting the back off the cab? Did you replace with an Aguilar OEM or an Eminence II 2512?

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

For consistency you should replace the driver with the specific driver from Aguilar. Anything else is a crap shoot!

RevWood likes this.
  3. There are numerous threads re: this subject and most will say replace w/ Aguilar same kind. On ther other hand some have said they were happy with Emenince Deltalites or 3012 's so yea it's a crapshoot but I have one that's blown too and will probably go the Neo way for weight reduction. I don't use them any more cause I've been using Berg's for years so it would be an experiment. I'm actually considering going with the Kappalites. YMMV etc. good luck. Do some more searches on here under "Aguilar SL112 speaker replacement" or variations and you may find the info you're looking for.

4. direwolf333

direwolf333

Oct 24, 2014
    Like this?

5. RevWood

RevWood

Mar 6, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks man. It didn't look like the grill popped off but I contact Aguilar and it did. Sometimes I make things too hard.

6. direwolf333

direwolf333

Oct 24, 2014
    Sweet. Shoot a pic of the inside if you think of it. There's not a lot of info about this.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021