replacing speakers in my old cab - WHAT KIND???( with pics )

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by .-.LeX.-., Nov 22, 2004.

1. hey guys... i have this old FENDER BXR SPECTRUM cab i've had in my bed room for like the past 5 years , ( it holds my stereo ) but sadly over the years my little brothers snuck it to my room and deciding that pushing the cones in on the speakers was cool ( destroyed beyond repair )

i really cant find any information on the cab on the net... i cant belive it , anybody familiar with this cab ??? ( fender bxr spectrum )

It has one 18" speaker center bottom, and two 12" speakers top left and right.

also... ( last time i plugged this in the two 12"s didnt work.... )i dont know if they didnt produce sound cause they are just smashed... or the electronics inside the cab are broken as well..( pretty sure they are )

what is it i need to get this old beast working again ??

what electronics do i need inside for wiring the speakers

what speakers would you reccomend ( fairly cheap )

thanks in advance guys.

2. luknfur

Jan 14, 2004

Sounds like it will cost more to repair than it's worth. You could have the speakers reconed and that alone would probably be in $150 - $200 range. Replacement speakers used will probably approximate that. Probably more hassle than it's worth but If you can lay your hands on a working speaker, someone here (beyond me) can tell how to wire or run dummy loads so you can at least see if the amp is putting out sound for each speaker placement. If it is, then if it were me I'd sit on it for a while keeping a looking out for replacement speakers cheap. And they do show up periodically. Pay 100% credit card through paypal if you buy them. You'll still end about $150 in the hole regardless.

If the amp shows internal problems beyond the speakers, I'd sell it for whatever I could get and buy a dead bolt for my door.

3. lol... buy a dead bolt... yeh. i just figure i tryed to get it working since i got it..... but i guess it just doesnt add up in the end.
  4. it got two 12´s and one 18?
    cool! if i´d lived nearby i´d propably bought it from you :bassist:
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Looks to me like its got two TENS and one 18, but he's the one able to measure it . . .