Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

replacing speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassMann2112, Sep 22, 2002.

1. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    My SWR basic black 15" speaker finally puked after about 10-12 hard yrs of pop and snap. I bought this amp when SWR 1st started dealing in Chicago.
    So where is a good place to go for replacement? What would be a good speaker to use. I would like to get something as good as or better than the speaker that was originally in the combo unit.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks ;)

2. I'm going to move this over to amps. The people there should be able to better help you out.

3. If you want to get a speaker that's as good as the original, then I always recommend having the original reconed. SWR will recone it if you don't mind shipping it to California, if that doesn't sound like a good idea I'm sure there must be a shop in your area that can do it.

4. Eminence (sp?) do pretty good speakers, getting the original reconed would be a good idea, and I'm sure some local music shops could be able to do it.

You could try ordering one of SWR's new speakers?