So I decided to order some Gotoh GB640's after a lot of research. Frankly I wasn't sure if I was going to install them. My Fender Active Deluxe Okoume Jazz Bass is perfect to me. Once I oiled the open-backed stock Mexican tuners, they were smooth and flawless. But... I've always loved the tall 60's Fender tuners. It wasn't until I opened up the package and felt how insanely light these Reso-Lite tuners are that I knew I had to install them. Here are the steps, mistakes and all. For anyone who wants to follow suit. 1. Remove old tuners. 2. Tap out ferrules using a philips screwdriver and a light touch. 3. Tape new ferrules into place. Now I know to use plumbers tape and just squeeze them in good. 4. Line up the first one with a small square, and holding it with your thumb, mark the holes with a .005 micro art pen. 5. Set new holes with a scribe to make a small dent for the drill bit to find. 6. Drill the holes to the same depth as the screws minus the thickness of the plate. 7. For the original holes that are close to the new holes, fill them using toothpicks, and cut them off with a utility knife. Tap them down after cutting. 8. Be sure to use soap on the screw threads when you screw the tuners down. 9. Stack and tape three business cards together as a spacer. 10. Finish the rest using the spacer. My mistakes: I used the wrong size drill bit. The pilot holes were too small and I stripped the head on the second screw trying to screw it in. So, as you can see, I grabbed a hardened steel still bit that's bigger than the shaft of the screw, and drilled the head off of the screw, leaving just the shaft stuck in the wood. I then protected the headstock with some tape and used pliers to bank the screw shaft out. Then I drilled the holes using a bigger bit and put soap on the threads of the screws. MUCH BETTER! The Gotoh ferrules are smaller than the stock Fender ones, and since the Fender ones are chrome and the Gotohs are nickel, I had to use the Gotohs. I used plumbers tape to put them in tight. Seems to work pretty well. If anyone here has a better suggestion, please let me know. After that, the next challenge was spacing the plates perfectly, so I cut up some business cards and taped together three of them to use as my spacer. Voila! Works great, and now they're all even and perfect. Cheers Hope this helps.