Replacing stock MM's with Bartolini

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by line1, Jan 19, 2006.

1. I am wondering what type of sound I'm going to get if i replace my stock MM pickups in my stingray, with bartolini's.

I tryed to search for this but couldn't find it. If someone would like to direct me there or just answer my question i would be greatful.

i have played a few basses with barts and loved the sound. Just wondering if its a good idea on a stingray four string. fretted. thanks. :confused:
  2. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    well, if you managed to search it, or even if you visit mm's forum .. you'll get 1 unison answer.. DONT DO IT! the reason you got your MM is because you want their tone ... the stock is already so great .. don't mod it, don't change it, leave MM as it is =) cheers! :hyper:
  3. thats what i was looking for. thanks.
  4. Ole Man Blues

Ole Man Blues

Jul 8, 2006
    I used to own a Stingray with an MMC Bartolini in it and it had great tone. Sort of like a P Bass but with a tighter bottom and punchy mids, the highs were sweet to, but I was really digging those low mids.........:bassist:

5. lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    If you swap, just keep the original pup so you can go back. You might even think about putting a connector in so you can easly swap between the two. I used a single Bart MMC in my homemade and love the sound.