Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reports of the demise are greatly exaggerated

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassdadto2, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    Here;s a good one for ya! My beloved Crate BT-350 head took a dump last week. I thought it was beyond repair, and the local Crate repair guy told me he had a 2 month backlog, and if it wasn't working, it probably wasn't worth fixing.:mad:

I had no cash, no credit, and was looking at having to return all my childrens Christmas gifts so i can buy a new amp.

But he told me what to do. Turns out there is a fuse inside. If you replace it, and the amp works, you're ok. If you replace it and Amp still doesn't work, or worse yet, it catches fire, you're f*cked. "Either way", he said," you know whether you need us or not!"

So, I replaced the fuse, then noticed a nut from the power supplt was touching two transistors. Remove nut, replaced fuse, and Voila! Lights, camera Action!!!!

I still think I need a new amp, but at least I can wait till I can afford it!!

2. Gman

Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kids Christmas gifts or new amp ? :confused:

I don't know what to say.:confused:

I gotta show this thread to my wife. Maybe she'll leave me alone.

Anyway, congrats on getting it working. I'm sure your kids are thrilled too.

Dave

3. Bassdadto2

Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    California
    I was kiddidng about returning gifts, I'm sure you know, But I was worried. I got gigs this week!!

4. shoot id return em..just tell them it's there new amp!