Reports of the demise are greatly exaggerated

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassdadto2, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    Here;s a good one for ya! My beloved Crate BT-350 head took a dump last week. I thought it was beyond repair, and the local Crate repair guy told me he had a 2 month backlog, and if it wasn't working, it probably wasn't worth fixing.:mad:

I had no cash, no credit, and was looking at having to return all my childrens Christmas gifts so i can buy a new amp.

But he told me what to do. Turns out there is a fuse inside. If you replace it, and the amp works, you're ok. If you replace it and Amp still doesn't work, or worse yet, it catches fire, you're f*cked. "Either way", he said," you know whether you need us or not!"

So, I replaced the fuse, then noticed a nut from the power supplt was touching two transistors. Remove nut, replaced fuse, and Voila! Lights, camera Action!!!!

I still think I need a new amp, but at least I can wait till I can afford it!!
  2. Gman

Jan 4, 2000
    Indianapolis, IN
    Kids Christmas gifts or new amp ? :confused:

I don't know what to say.:confused:

I gotta show this thread to my wife. Maybe she'll leave me alone.

Anyway, congrats on getting it working. I'm sure your kids are thrilled too.

3. Bassdadto2

Dec 3, 2001
    I was kiddidng about returning gifts, I'm sure you know, But I was worried. I got gigs this week!!
  4. shoot id return em..just tell them it's there new amp!